Retail Purchasing Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Retail Purchasing and within established NPC policies, procedures and guidelines, assists the buyers with the day-to-day buying functions and practices for the retail operations, such as inventory management, vendor management, reporting and sales analysis.
Niagara Parks offers an annual salary of $25.26 to $28.41 per hour (under review) as well as a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
A successful Police Information Check is required for the selected candidate.
Niagara Parks is one of the largest employers in the Niagara Region, with over 1,700 full time and seasonal employees. Our team is comprised of energetic and friendly staff who provide guests from around the world with exceptional quality service. Niagara Parks is committed to attracting and retaining a highly professional, motivated, engaged and inclusive workforce within a culture of teamwork, mutual respect and trust. This is achieved by
aligning the right people with the right skills in the right places to promote continuous improvement and excellence. Our corporate vision is to be an innovative example of sustainability as the environmental and cultural stewards of the Niagara River Corridor; a welcoming, accessible and inspiring place offering world class natural, historical and authentic experiences; a source of national pride and identity; and one of the most spectacular parks in the world.
• Completion of a Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration.
• Two (2) years of experience in retail operations and/or retail purchasing plus one year on the job.
• Knowledge of retail and buying practices and procedures.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet applications.
• Proficiency in Retail Point of Sale, Inventory and payment systems.
• Knowledge of importing procedures and consulting with customs and brokers, considered an asset.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to perform duties with a strong attention to detail.
• Exemplary customer service skills including: communication/interpersonal skills both oral and written.
• Experience with Retail Pro and Epicor considered an asset.
Retail Buying Functions
• Provides support to retail buying team in overall day to day functions.
• Utilizes reporting module within the retail system to prepare sales and order reports for buyers, Director, and suppliers as required.
• Assists buyers with initial order requirements, monitors product sell through and reviews sales reports.
• Produces purchases orders along with necessary paperwork involved and distributes accordingly.
• Organizes and performs all duties related to direct imports including but not limited to correspondence with Broker, calculating landed costs, tracking and managing shipments to ensure maximum cost savings are achieved.
• Corresponds and follows up with supplies and/or NPC stores on behalf of the buyer.
• Acts as a liaison between suppliers, buyers, and NPC retail stores, communicating issues/concerns and resolutions.
• Leads annual year-end inventory procedures, provides final reports to Finance and Retail departments.
• Engages in a wide variety of correspondence, reports, memos, etc., as assigned.
• Works with various departments on a daily basis to resolve costing or inventory issues.
• Performs the clean house function in Retail Pro with guidance from the buying team.
• Organizes sale promotions, packages and kits in Retail Pro as required.
• Frequently works in Retail Pro inventory system to manage inventory discrepancies, transfers, claims, breakage and negative quantities.
• Maintains various filing systems and keeps accurate records.
• Answers telephones, relays messages.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.niagaraparks.com/corporate/careers/ and create a profile to submit your application. Please note, all applications must be completed through our Applicant Tracking System. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Applications for this position will be accepted until February 28, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), the Niagara Parks Commission (NPC) will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact Niagara Parks at (905) 295-4396 ext. 3255, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.