Come join our incredible Retail team!
Here's our Current Opening:
Position: Customer Service Associate, Penguin Pick Up
Reports To: Flagship Store Manager
Location: U of T Bookstore, downtown campus location
Here's what you'll be doing….
You will be tasked to provide customers with an exceptional experience by quickly and efficiently attending to their orders and ensuring they leave our store satisfied every time. You ensure all orders are received and organized in a timely manner for easy and quick accessibility.
This positon is best suited for someone with a flexible, and wide range of availability.
• Receiving and organizing deliveries as per the work instructions
• Notifying clients that packages are ready for pick up
• Responding to customer's email inquiries and issues in a timely manner
• Tracking & reporting key statistics as requested
• Processing sales for outgoing packages using POS terminal
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Following all processes as outlined
• Organize, clean and straighten shelves, products and signage
Here's what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• High School graduate
• 1-2 years' experience customer service; sales/promotional experience an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own
• Organized and able to multitask and prioritize workload
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Computer literate and comfortable operating and understanding new technologies
• Sustain physical activity levels over time; able to lift, up to 50 lbs; squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout shift
• Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
About our Retail Team
The University of Toronto Bookstore is a vibrant, dynamic, and engaging workplace with great perks such as discounts on nearly everything we sell and the best co-workers around. We're proud to be a leader in saving students money on textbooks through innovative programs such as our rental textbook program, our great selection of used textbooks, competitive pricing on textbooks and our price match guarantee. Our line of U of T branded clothing offers students, faculty and staff great value and a wide selection of brands including Roots, Nike and Adidas.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America's premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.